Monday, May 4, 2009

2 more submissions received - keep sending your stuff for Volume 2

Today I received what I think will be the final two tracks on Dictaphonia Volume 1:

24) Big City Orchestra - "Treasure For Daddy" (Alameda, California, USA)
25) Waterdigger - "Hal McGee Has Stipulations" (Polk City and Tampa, Florida, USA)

I might be able to fit one more piece on Volume 1, but I will not know for sure until I make the final master.

I am very pleased with the response to the Dictaphonia project!

Remember, anyone can participate! Individuals, groups, non-audio artists, anyone who likes the concept of the project and wants to take part.

I am heavily promoting the project in an attempt to get as many interesting artists from all over Planet Earth to contribute as possible. I have sent out more than 900 invitations so far. I need more contributions from Europe, Asia, Australia, South America, Africa, the Middle East, and areas in addition to North America.

After I have received another 25 submissions I will release Volume 2 of Dictaphonia, so keep on sending your microcassette masterpieces. If you do not get your piece to me in time for Volume 1, you will be on Volume 2.

A word of caution, warning, and advice - make sure that your piece does not exceed three minutes. If your track is longer than three minutes you will force me to edit your piece, and I might not be able to do it the way you would like it to be done!

1 comment:

  1. Excellent - I've just posted you 2 recordings from the UK - I guess they'll get to you in about a week or so.

    ReplyDelete